By Steven F. Barrett, Daniel J. Pack
This textbook presents training scientists and engineers a primer at the Atmel AVR microcontroller. Our process is to supply the basic abilities to quick wake up and working with this the world over well known microcontroller. The Atmel ATmega16 is used as a consultant pattern of the AVR line. the information you achieve at the ATmega16 may be simply translated to each different microcontroller within the AVR line. We conceal the most subsystems aboard the ATmega16, offering a brief thought part via an outline of the similar microcontroller subsystem with accompanying and software program to workout the subsytem. In all examples, we use the interval. We finish with an in depth bankruptcy describing tips to interface the microcontroller to a large choice of enter and output units.
Read or Download Atmel AVR Microcontroller Primer: Programming and Interfacing PDF
Best microelectronics books
Low-Power High-Speed ADCs for Nanometer CMOS Integration is set designing ADCs in nanometer CMOS techniques to achive reduce energy intake for a given velocity and determination than past designs via new architectures and circuits that make the most of precise positive factors of nanometer CMOS strategies.
Chip layout and Implementation from a pragmatic perspective concentrating on chip implementation, Low-Power NoC for High-Performance SoC layout offers useful wisdom and genuine examples of ways to exploit community on chip (NoC) within the layout of approach on chip (SoC). It discusses many architectural and theoretical reviews on NoCs, together with layout method, topology exploration, quality-of-service warrantly, low-power layout, and implementation trials.
The Physics of Microdroplets supplies the reader the theoretical and numerical instruments to appreciate, clarify, calculate, and are expecting the customarily nonintuitive saw habit of droplets in microsystems. Microdrops and interfaces at the moment are a standard characteristic in such a lot fluidic microsystems, from biology, to biotechnology, fabrics technological know-how, 3D-microelectronics, optofluidics, and mechatronics.
This moment variation of guide of Micro/Nanotribology addresses the quick evolution inside of this box, serving as a reference for the amateur and the professional alike. elements divide this guide: half I covers uncomplicated reviews, and half II addresses layout, building, and purposes to magnetic garage units and MEMS.
- Bio-MEMS: Technologies and Applications
- Oxide Semiconductors
- Building a Successful Board-Test Strategy, Second Edition (Test and Measurement Series)
- Piezoelectricity: Evolution and Future of a Technology (Springer Series in Materials Science)
- PIC Microcontrollers - An Introduction to Microelectronics (3rd Edition)
- Scaling Issues and Design of MEMS
Additional resources for Atmel AVR Microcontroller Primer: Programming and Interfacing
The UDRE flag sets when the transmit buffer is empty, indicating it is ready to receive new data. This bit should be written to a zero when writing the USART Control and Status Register A (UCSRA). The UDRE bit is cleared by writing to the UDR. The TXC flag bit is set to logic 1 when the entire frame in the Transmit Shift Register has been shifted out and there are no new data currently present in the transmit buffer. The TXC bit may be reset by writing a logic 1 to it. 3 USART Receiver. The USART Receiver is virtually identical to the USART Transmitter except for the direction of the data flow, which is reversed.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. com) Ensure that the STK500 is powered down. 5. Insert the ATmega16 into the red 40-pin socket. 5. Power up the STK500. Start up AVR Studio on your PC. Pop-up window ‘‘Welcome to AVR Studio’’ should appear. ’’ 8. ’’ It looks like the silhouette of an integrated circuit. It is on the second line of the toolbar about halfway across the screen. 9. This should bring up a STK500 pop-up window with six tabs (Program, Fuses, Lockbits, Advanced, Board, and Auto). At the bottom of the Program tab window, verify that the STK500 was autodetected.
1. For example, the capital letter ‘‘G’’ is encoded in ASCII as 0x47. The ‘‘0x’’ symbol indicates the hexadecimal number representation. Unicode is the international counterpart of ASCII. It provides standardized 16-bit encoding format for the written languages of the world. ASCII is a subset of Unicode. org for additional information on this standardized encoding format. 3 SERIAL USART The serial USART provide for full duplex (two-way) communication between a receiver and transmitter. This is accomplished by equipping the ATmega16 with independent hardware for the transmitter and receiver.